SouthBridge Group is an advisory firm fully dedicated to Africa. Our footprint with 4 offices in Abidjan, Kigali, Casablanca, and Paris allows us to have a full coverage of the continent. We have three business lines addressing all the issues that could be faced by corporates and sovereigns: Financial & Sovereign Advisory, Strategic Consulting, and Investments.
Through its Financial and Sovereign Advisory practice, Southbridge Group has become a leader in advising African champions and governments on strategic finance transactions such as M&A, equity and debt fundraisings, project finance, privatizations, and PPPs, structuring of investment vehicles, sovereign debt restructuring and other strategic transactions.
Our team is made up of 40+ seasoned investment bankers from a wide variety of backgrounds and nationalities. All the team is committed to excellent service with the ambition to help African champions grow and establish themselves on the continental and international scene. This will allow them to be, too, the catalytic engines of a sustainable growth, powered by Africa, for Africa. We believe in building a collective and collaborative adventure, creating a talent pool dedicated to the economic and financial development of Africa, thanks to the sincere and passionate involvement of our teams.
We share this vision with the women and men who want to contribute daily to the growth of the African continent.
We are recruiting an Intern to support the growing activity of our Financial and Sovereign Advisory department in Paris.
This internship is a unique opportunity to discover the challenging African investment environment for public and private clients. As an intern you will be an integral part of our coverage and transaction teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The position appeals to individuals with hands-on experience in both execution and assistance in origination, who seek a challenging opportunity requiring expertise and great reliability. The position will provide great exposure to senior professionals and to a large scope of investment banking and sovereign transactions.
- Preparation of materials for clients and prospects within the framework of marketing and/or execution of mandates (pitchbooks, information memoranda, etc.)
- Market studies and other sectorial analysis or macroeconomic research
- Financial modelling, business plans and valuation
- Research and analysis of potential buyers, stakeholders, and targets
- Screening of investment and transaction opportunities
Location: Paris office
Duration: 6 months
Start date: September 2021
The ideal candidate will have an outstanding academic track record from a top tier business school, engineering school or university. We are looking for individuals with the following skills:
- Outstanding analytical and numerical skills;
- Passionate about macroeconomy, M&A, capital markets, corporate strategy and project finance;
- Fluent in French and English (writing and speaking);
- Strong judgement and decision-making ability;
- Strong knowledge of the growth dynamics of the African continent;
- Resourceful, intellectually curious, empathetic, high energy and mature;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work under a demanding schedule;
- Experience of working on, with and for the continent;
- Committed to excellence and willing to maintain high professional standards;
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to be dedicated to the African rising.