SouthBridge is an advisory firm fully dedicated to Africa. Our footprint with 3 offices allows us to have a full coverage of the continent. We have three business lines addressing all the issues that could be faced by corporates and sovereigns. Through its Financial and Sovereign Advisory practice, Southbridge Group has become a leader in advising African champions and governments on strategic finance transactions such as M&A, equity and debt fundraising, project finance, privatizations and PPPs, structuring of investment vehicles, sovereign debt restructuring and other strategic transactions.
SouthBridge Group has set up an asset management and investment services business as a complement to its advisory services. The main aim of SouthBridge Investments is to launch and manage a set of vehicles that leverage on the vast SouthBridge network; create additional sources of distribution and investment for its advisory work; generate annuities for the group; and provide long term returns to investors, staff and partners of the firm.
In this context, SouthBridge is searching for a highly motivated and talented individual to join the team as an Associate.
Our team is made up of 40+ seasoned investment bankers from a wide variety of backgrounds and nationalities.
We are recruiting an Associate to support the growing business of our Investment and Advisory activities in Kigali.
SouthBridge Group requires that Associates assume high levels of responsibility immediately. As one of the principal client contacts during a transaction, an Associate coordinates the process, from the initial meeting with senior management to working closely with senior professionals to negotiating mandates. This generally involves meeting with executives of public and private entities, preparing and delivering client presentations and managing a team of analysts, interns and support staff.
The position appeals to individuals with hands-on experience in both execution and assistance in origination, have experience in funds management, and who seek a challenging opportunity requiring expertise and great reliability. The position will provide great exposure to senior professionals and to a large scope of investment banking and sovereign transactions.
- Management of the transaction processes
- Manage and train a team of Analysts/Interns on a daily basis
- Valuation and modelling – undertake valuations and complex financial models analyses
- Research and documentation – coordinate the writing of transaction and prospecting documents
- Marketing and sector coverage – assist in the execution of the origination strategy in a given franchise
- Contribute to the overall development of the Financial and Sovereign Advisory team
- Support resource mobilization efforts including preparing case materials and local strategies to be used in marketing materials
- Support the set up and management of a number of specialized investment vehicles and development funds
The ideal candidate will have an outstanding academic track record from a top tier business school, engineering school or university. In order to be considered for the position of Associate, a minimum of 3 years’ experience gained in an investment bank, a reputable boutique, private equity firm, or due diligence advisory team (non-internships) is required. We are looking for individuals with the following skills:
- Complete autonomy in conducting operations and relationships with clients
- Strong accounting skills
- Managerial skills (i.e. reviewing junior team members’ work)
- Ability to train, motivate and lead a team of Analysts/Interns
- Fluent (written and spoken) in English and French
- African deals and transaction exposure
- Highly motivated with strong desire to be dedicated to the African continent
- Proven Tier-1 modelling and Excel skills
Self-starter and highly motivated to work in a dynamic team and challenging environment