As our Communications Consultant, you will promote our brand, interact with the public and establish productive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to our Senior Director, Finance and Administration, this role involves creating and implementing communications strategies that further our goals.
The consultancy is to be executed remotely and may require full time involvement during the initial 3 months.
What you will do
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Research and write press releases, content for the company website, infographics, blogs and newsletters that increase our visibility among stakeholders.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles and strategies, and to keep up to date with relevant developments.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, investors and customer audiences that will help advance our work.
- Arrange and coordinate the partners’ attendance to conferences and plan internal events.
- Copyedit various communication across the firm to ensure all material is high quality reports, briefs, etc. aligned with the Company’s style guide
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Work closely with partners and staff to develop and strengthen employee engagement activities
What you will bring
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field (essential).
- A minimum of 5 years’ prior experience in communications strategy development (essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms.
- Proven social media and networking expertise.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A portfolio of work available for review.
What you will get in return
You will be working with a firm that is committed to excellent service with the ambition to help African champions grow and establish themselves on the continental and international scene. This allows them to be, too, the catalytic engines of sustainable growth, powered by Africa, for Africa. We believe in building a collective and collaborative adventure, creating a talent pool dedicated to the economic and financial development of Africa, thanks to the sincere and passionate involvement of our teams.
Founded by Donald Kaberuka and Lionel Zinsou, SouthBridge is a professional services platform based in Abidjan, Kigali, London and Paris, dedicated to African public and private sectors, through the following service lines: strategic consulting, delivery solutions and investment banking.
SouthBridge’s wishes to bring its high-level expertise and execution capacity to investors, firms and governments operating on the continent. We offer our clients a deep understanding of the African markets and challenges and our privileged relationship with governments and decision makers in Africa, Europe, United States and emerging markets.
If you’re interested in this role, please share an up-to-date copy of your CV and show us your considered task methodology via firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm Kigali time (GMT+2) on 15 September 2020. We are keen for the right candidate to start work in October 2020.