SouthBridge is an advisory firm fully dedicated to Africa. Our footprint with 3 offices allows us to have a full coverage of the continent. We have three business lines addressing all the issues that could be faced by corporates and sovereigns. Through its Financial and Sovereign Advisory practice, Southbridge Group has become a leader in advising African champions and governments on strategic finance transactions such as M&A, equity and debt fundraisings, project finance, privatizations and PPPs, structuring of investment vehicles, sovereign debt restructuring and other strategic transactions.
Our team is made up of 40+ seasoned investment bankers from a wide variety of backgrounds and nationalities.
We are recruiting an Intern to support the growing activity of our Financial and Sovereign Advisory department in Paris.
This internship is a unique opportunity to discover the challenging African investment environment for public and private clients. As an intern you will be an integral part of our coverage and transaction teams.
The position appeals to individuals with hands-on experience in both execution and assistance in origination, who seek a challenging opportunity requiring expertise and great reliability. The position will provide great exposure to senior professionals and to a large scope of investment banking and sovereign transactions.
- Preparation of materials for clients and prospects within the framework of marketing and/or execution of mandates (pitchbooks, information memoranda, etc.)
- Market studies and other sectorial analysis or macroeconomic researches
- Financial modelling and valuation
- Research and analysis of potential buyers, stakeholders and targets
- Screening of investment and transaction opportunities
Location: Paris office
Duration: 6 months
Start date: January or March 2021
The ideal candidate will have an outstanding academic track record from a top tier business school, engineering school or university. We are looking for individuals with the following skills:
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills
- You are passionate about macroeconomy, M&A, capital markets, corporate strategy and project finance
- You are fond of Africa and emerging markets
- You have an outstanding academic background
- You are fluent in French and English
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- You have a client-oriented mindset
- You enjoy working in a team setting
- You are committed to excellence and willing to maintain high professional standards
- A first professional experience in an analytical function in corporate finance, consultancy or audit is appreciated
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org