Being a legal Counsel Assistant at Southbridge is a unique opportunity to discover a broad range of fields of law related to the African investment environment.
You will be joining a group that will challenge you and invest in your professional development during a 6-month short term contract.
You will be based in Paris and replace the Legal Counsel on maternity leave and work with our directors based in all the offices of the firm:
SouthBridge is a professional services platform based in Abidjan, Kigali, London and Paris, dedicated to African public and private sectors, through two service lines: strategic consulting, delivery solutions and investment banking.
Southbridge’s founding team wishes to bring its high-level expertise and execution capacity to investors, firms and governments operating on the continent. We offer our clients a deep understanding of the African markets and challenges and our privileged relationship with governments and decision makers in Africa, Europe, United States, and emerging markets.
- Negociate, draft and review a wide variety of contracts,
- Check the compliance of contracts received and identify legal risks,
- Contribute to the evolution of the company’s legal document models,
- Manage the corporate structure, governance, and compliance of the group,
- Provide legal assistance over investments, projects and M&A transactions,
- Perform legal analysis and prepare memorandum on various issues,
- Accompanying and advising operational staff,
- Taking legal watch: analyzing case law in business law and monitoring developments in legislation,
- Prepare a legal response,
- Be the legal reference for the support functions (HR, finance) of the company.
Applicants should have the following qualifications and abilities:
- Ability to work under a demanding schedule.
- Background in accounting, finance, business law and/or economics.
- BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to be dedicated to the African rising.
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment.
- Resourceful, intellectually curious, empathetic, high energy and mature.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
- Strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth.
- Strong French and English language skills (writing and speaking an African language is a plus).
- Strong record of initiative-taking and leadership skills in professional and/or extracurricular activities.
- Cross cultural intellect and adaptable character,
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- In addition, the candidate should be committed to the ethic and excellence and be willing to consistently maintain high professional standards.
We have a team of 30 professionals located in Abidjan, Kigali, and Paris willing to support the next African champions.
Joining SouthBridge, you will work with a pool of multicultural talents who wish to make a difference and are committed to contribute their best, through their personality, values and academic background.
If you want to put all your talents at the service of an ambitious and innovative company, join us and grow together.
If you are interested in this role, please share an up-to-date copy of your CV and show us your considered task methodology via email@example.com by 6pm Paris time) on 08 January 2021. We are keen for the right candidate to start work in January 2021.