Being a legal intern at SouthBridge is a unique opportunity to discover a broad range of fields of law related to the African investment environment.
You will be joining a group that will challenge you and invest in your professional development.
You will be based in Paris and work with the in-house legal counsel, as well as with our directors based in all the offices of the firm.
Your responsibilities and key activities will include assisting the legal team in the following tasks:
- Negotiate, draft and review a wide variety of contracts
- Manage the corporate structure, governance, and compliance of the group
- Provide legal assistance over investments projects and M&A transactions
- Perform legal analysis and prepare memorandum on various issues
We look for exceptional people!
Applicants should have the following qualifications and abilities:
- Student lawyer on a gap year
- Business Law Master degree from an outstanding university, with a double curriculum (EFB, Sciences Po, Business school, or LLM)
- First legal experience in a top-tier law firm, bank or international institution
- Ability to think independently and work collaboratively
- Oral and written fluency in French and English (speaking an African language, is a plus)
- Cross-cultural intellect and adaptable character
- Rigor, pragmatism and organizational skills
In addition, you should be committed to ethic and excellence, and be willing to consistently maintain high professional standards.
We have a team of 30 professionals located in Abidjan, Kigali and Paris willing to support the next African champions.
Joining SouthBridge, you will work with a pool of multicultural talents who wish to make a difference and are committed to contribute their best, through their personality, values and academic background.
Resume and cover letter in English.